Retail Construction Project Manager
We have an immediate full time employment opportunity with one of our clients for a Retail Construction Project manager.
Purpose of the Position
This position requires a self-starter who works well both independently and in a team setting. Reporting to the Director of Design / Construction, this individual is experienced in QSR and/or retail concepts and the main point of contact for both end-users and general contractors during all phases of mall and stand-alone store build-outs.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all phases of due diligence, construction, scheduling, and accounting of construction projects and roll outs. This individual will track and monitor progress of build-outs to ensure their timely completion and will council on recommendations and solutions for achieving timely and cost effective measures on building their specific branded concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages program and project efforts for turn-key New Store Build Outs, Store Relocation, and Roll-outs.
- Plays critical leadership, coordination, and communication role with all stakeholders involved on projects to include In-house colleagues, General Contractors, Architects/Engineers, Code officials and Landlords. In addition, coordinates all levels of client vendors and other internal teams such as POS, Alarm, Fixturing, Visual Merchandising, etc.
- Understands detailed knowledge of construction industry, terminology, codes, and design disciplines, as well as the strong ability to read, understand, and apply construction standards and plan sets. Thorough knowledge of construction documentation (Architectural, Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical).
- Preserves the brand image of the client by reviewing all schematic design concepts for brand adherence, accuracy, code compliance, and design standards.
- Provides value during the initial leasing phase by review of site survey information, review and input into all lease exhibits, commitments, and timeframes as well as responsible parties for construction and turnover. In addition, obtains landlord approval, communication with the expediter to resolve any code/permit issues. Fully integrated at all points during the procurement of the site.
- Ensures construction quality is consistent with design specifications by visiting sites; observing construction activity; responding to coordination problems related to implementation of various systems; and requesting necessary design changes during the construction phase in order to meet budget, timeline, and quality standards.
- Meets established construction timelines by reviewing master project schedules for assigned projects; ensuring contractors are provided with accurate and timely information; verifying material procurement and delivery are synchronized with schedules; regularly monitoring progress of all projects; visiting sites; assisting contractors who are behind schedule; and requesting modified completion target dates when necessary.
- Ensures construction budgets are met by reviewing pre-construction budgets; reviewing and tracking monthly and quarterly construction expense and budget reports; working with contractors to resolve issues related to being over budget; and reviewing and approving contractor payments. Provide value engineering ideas and opportunity for savings regularly when evaluating projects.
- Manages construction projects by creating and evaluating project schedules; coordinating efforts between internal and external business units; resolving conflict; reviewing out-to-bid readiness; overseeing document preparation and completion (for example, contracts, close-out, punch lists, prototype updates and construction change directives). Tracks savings opportunities and cost avoidance situations for client documentation.
Skills and Abilities
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Proficient in organization, time, and project management with ability to manage multiple priorities, complete all required documentation/paperwork, and provide timely and accurate project status reporting while traveling.
- Strong interpersonal/team skills and ability to effectively communicate, coordinate, and work with a diverse set of project stakeholders and provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of project management tools to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability to arrive at sound decisions in a timely manner while remaining knowledgeable of how decisions impact other project stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects simultaneously and work in a fast pace environment. Ability to function with a high sense of urgency and minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Minimum of 4+ years of retail construction project management experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required and knowledge of AutoCAD is a benefit
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a design or construction related field is required.
Please send resume to: Christine.Condra@cassidyturley.com